Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The T-shirt

I've been thinking about doing up an appliqued t-shirt for Benji... for a long long time.


Really happy how this turned out - although I'm a still a bit lost about which stabilizer I should use. Here, I used a tear-away for the number '2'. For 'I'm' - I used an iron-on stabilizer which I think its a bit too stiff. I used the iron-on because I was terrified that when I 'tear-away' the stabilizer, it would rip up the t-shirt! Guess I need to experiment a bit more :p

All the Mother-care or Gap clothings that have embroidery or appliques use some kind of iron to protect the threads from chafing the baby's skin. Any ideas what it is and where I can find it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! good idea too. but i'm just so not into these :P i'm a lazy mummy.. :/ Angie