Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy Weekend!

It has been a busy few days for me here. A good, quilting kind of busy.

I finally got my Tales & Tidings quilt kit fabrics all cut up, and am almost done with the block piecing, except for the borders. I'm missing the backing for the quilt though! Was going to get it on fabric.com during the sale but it is sold out :( Anyone any ideas where I can get a good deal for it online??

And on Saturday, I attended a quilt session with a couple of my quilting mates. We started with a Trip Around The World - and it was so much fun! But I also spent some quality time with my seam ripper because of the boo-boos I made (piecing wrong sides together, skipping one strip, etc). BUT I made good progress that evening when I came back and its up on my design wall! Still left some piecing of strips to do, and borders to cut. But all in all, I'm pretty happy with it. Not too saccharine sweet, just nice for me ;>


Off to a trip to the land of Smiles (Thailand!) this Thursday through the weekend with family and some friends. Hope to buy some beautiful fabrics back! :>

1 comment:

Val said...

I love your quilt and your blog. Let me know when you are back and I will visit again.